Dr. Franklin R. Polun, D.P.M., Recognized as Top Podiatrist in the January/February 2013 issue of Bethesda Magazine. Best of Bethesda.
Dr. Franklin R. Polun, D.P.M., Recognized as a Top Podiatrist in the June 2012 issue of Washingtonian Magazine.
Franklin R. Polun, D.P.M.,F.A.C.F.A.S.,D.A.B.P.S.
Founder & Medical Director National Capital Foot and Ankle Center. Our Mission "To be the leader of the health care community for foot and ankle care. Providing the highest level of service to our patients".
Dr. Franklin R. Polun, D.P.M., Recognized as a Top Expert in Sports Medicine in the January 2010 issue of Washingtonian Magazine.
Dr. Franklin Polun was named the best Podiatrist by Bethesda Magazine in the Jan./Feb 2009 issue.
The staff of Franklin R. Polun, DPM located in Potomac, Maryland Washington D.C. welcome you to our Web site!
Please allow our professional and caring staff to consult, diagnose and treat your ailment of the human foot or ankle with the highest quality of care.
We place the patients welfare above all other considerations. We will listen to your concerns with compassion, respect, dignity, and privacy and use appropriate testing and conservative care.
-Franklin R. Polun, D.P.M., F.A.C.F.A.S., D.A.B.P.S.
Our mission is to produce the most "patient-specific," functional custom molded foot orthoses available. We take pride in our commitment to educate our patients regarding the science behind this unique custom molded foot orthotic device. We explain how the orthotic manages foot biomechanics from an engineering perspective.
Give us a call to schedule your appointment today!
Our Specialties Include:
• A-O Fixation (forefoot)
• Achilles SpeedBridge Surgical Technique
• Acellular Bio-Implant
• Amputations (limited to toes only)
• Arthrodesis (forefoot)
• Arthroplasties -Osteoplasties (forefoot)
• Bunionectomies –Simple
• Bunionectomies –Arthroplasty
• Bunionectomies -with Distal Osteotomy
• Bunionectomies -with Proximal Osteotomy
• Bunionectomies -with Prosthetic
• Excision of Bone Tumor (forefoot)
• Excision of Bone Tumor (rearfoot)
• Excision of Perineurofibrosis and
• Excision of Soft Tissue Masses
• Exostectomies (forefoot)
• Exostectomies (rearfoot)
• Fracture Reduction w/wo Fixation -
uncomplicated only (forefoot)
• Heel Spur Excision
• Endoscopic Plantar Fascia Release
• Incision and Drainage (soft tissue)
• Incision and Drainage – bone (forefoot)
• Incision and Drainage – bone (rearfoot)
• Laser Surgery – Soft Tissue Only
• Ostectomies (i.e., phalanges, sesamoids,
accessory bones) – forefoot
• Ostectomies (forefoot)
• Ostectomies (accessory bone) – rearfoot
• Prosthetic-Implantation (forefoot, other than
• Removal of Foreign Body ((forefoot)
• Surgical Desyndactylism (toes)
• Surgical Syndactylism (toes)
• Surgery on Tendons (forefoot)
• Surgery of the Nails
• Tarsal Tunnell Release
• A-O Fixation (rearfoot)
• Ankle & Small Foot Joint Arthroscopy
• Ankle Fracture Repair w/wo fixation of
closed, non-comminuted malleolar fracture
• Arthrodesis (rearfoot)
• Fracture Reduction w/wo Fixation –
uncomplicated only (rearfoot)
• Ligament Repair – Ankle
• Ligament Repair – Foot
• Reconstructive Lateral Ligaments of Ankle
• Surgery on Tendons – Ankle
• Surgery on Tendons - Rearfoot